• Advertisement

Almost Time To Ride..!

General Scooter Talk Area

Moderator: bcrdukes

Almost Time To Ride..!

Postby Scorpion.Get.Bit! » 10 Mar 2013, 17:45

I'm booked at Pacific Riding School to start in 4 weeks. Fingers crossed I'll have my Class 6 by late April. The time is flying! :D I spaced it out just right. PHEW! I've got my gear right down to my kevlar jeans, my L6 and 1 payment left for the scoot. Just have insurance to pay in Apr and I'm good to go. I do have to give 2 weeks notice to assemble my scoot though.

I have a huge favour to ask.. Would any cool people here with a full Class 6 license be able/willing to accompany me to bring my (125cc not 50cc) scoot to New Westminster from Port Moody mid April/? Not sure if it's just the excitement of it but advance notice seemed like the thing to do. hehehe! :lol: And it would be greatly appreciated if I had a supervisor for practise on any Sunday or Monday? :mrgreen:

Please PM me if you'd be able to help me out. Really appreciate it! & please do let me treat you to lunch on days you supervise. ;)

Toast!
Janie
Scorpion.Get.Bit!
Scooter God

Do Currently Ride A Scooter: Yes
Scooter Type: Yamaha Vino 2009 ..She's earned her status as a dragon!
~ RIDING ALL YEAR!
Number of CCs: 125
Number of Kms on Scoot: 3900
Farthest Ridden: Mission, Fort Langley, White Rock, Surrey, Burnaby, Yale town, East end ..down on the drive, Vancouver, Stanley Park, Iona Beach Richmond, New Westminster! - Favorite ride.. to the beach - UBC - LOVE THE TWISTIES...!
Motorcycle Lisence?: Yes
Years Riding: 1

Re: Almost Time To Ride..!

Postby PeterChin » 23 Mar 2013, 22:53

Janie,
At the end of the 5th day, they give you the Motorcycle Skills Test. If you pass and there is no reason to believe you will not, two restrictions are lifted. One is the need for a supervisor and the other is the 60 Kmh limit. By then you should have the skills and confidence to ride your Yamaha Vino from Port Moody to New Westminster.
I am starting my Pacific Riding course on the 8th of April and hope to be riding my Yamaha BWS 125 on the 13th of April before taking the final Road Test.
Peter Chin
PeterChin
Frequent Rider

Scooter Type: Yamaha BWS
Number of CCs: 125
Number of Kms on Scoot: 7439
Farthest Ridden: 200K
Years Riding: 1

Postby DARKSUN » 24 Mar 2013, 21:17

If you cant not get anyone or not pass the MST yet (which U should) then PM me :)
" I live my life.. ONE Chilliwack Airport PIE at a time..for those 600 calories or more... I am FREE"
**commin soon**
Honda Elite 125 Deluxe (Red)
Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS
Honda Elite 125 Deluxe (Blue)
Honda VTX 1300R
Honda Silverwing 600 ABS
DARKSUN
Scooter God

Scooter Type: Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS
Number of CCs: 500
Number of Kms on Scoot: 888888
Farthest Ridden: Chilliwack, BC for PIE!!, Princeton BC, Pemberton for lunch, Seattle WA.

Urban Rider
Years Riding: 3

Postby fencing fan » 26 Mar 2013, 19:25

Congrats on getting your class 6. I could help with transit from PM to NW. Assuming it's not a completely miserable day, of course. Actually, I've ridden in the snow, so I'm either tough or dumb.

I assume I'm pm-able, but I'll keep an eye open. Let me know if you don't get any other offers.

RE practice, are you talking about this weekend?
Damon
"Rich bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." Oscar Wilde
fencing fan
Standard User

Scooter Type: 2013 Piaggio BV350
Number of CCs: 350
Number of Kms on Scoot: 0
Farthest Ridden: Lund, Nanaimo- Vic- Van loop
Years Riding: 17

Return to General Scooter Talk